Avenue / Chaptico / Colton's Point

Avenue, MD / Chaptico, MD / Coltons Point, MD

Known as a part of the "7th District", Avenue, MD features many waterfront estates along Whites Neck Creek and several small developments with five to ten homes.

Chaptico, MD was established in 1663 as a port town and relied heavily on importing and exporting goods on the Wicomico River. In later years, the silt accumulation in the Wicomico River halted trading passage and the community redirected their energies to agriculture. They now have a large farming community that connects to northern areas of the county. Chaptico Market is a highlight for residents and visitors. The area is also famous for Chaptico Chicken, a must try when in the area.

Coltons Point, MD is also in the "7th District" of St. Mary's County. It is an unicorporated community known for its beach cottages, historic museum, and light house. Coltons Point is the host of the Blessing of the Fleet Festival held each fall. And you won't want to miss a boat tour of Saint Clements Island State Park.